I thought I would write something about how I have so much time on my hands at the moment and am not at work. Well, I had a hip replacement two weeks ago and am on sick leave while recuperating. (What with me on crutches and Jonny hobbling along after his fall off the ladder, we are a sorry pair.) I thought it would be good for my brain to try to learn how to write a blog. So, you must forgive me for all the mistakes I make, I am trying to learn something new everyday. Those folk in the know advise to write about something you love, so I love all things woolly, Knitting, Crochet, Spinning and (not sure i love it) natural dyeing.
We also love Retro Caravans and Glamping and are developing a new business idea of having half a dozen vans on our small farm for happy holiday makers, so We thought we would document the development of this. Needless to say they will be adorned with home-made things, mainly crochet so far!! Young Ed has been helping us clear areas for our lovelies …exciting and toe curling.
Today I have managed to:-
!. Dust downstairs and generally limp about tidying.
2. Watch with great admiration a reconditioned RED Aga being put in (we’ve gone electric what with having solar panels and what feels like free electric). Lucky me.
3. Make another couple of crochet coat hanger covers and start on a third X-mas presses, felted oven gloves.
Ends woven in as i crocheted, idea from http://karenmandersen.typepad.com/karen-m-andersen-mixed-m/tutorials.html Thankyou to Karen
that above is actually the Rico merino i am using for the oven gloves, I tried my own Jacob yarn but i doesn’t felt well, so these are them below before they have been felted, i will put a photo up after, two more to make. Rico from Deramores
4. Walk down the lane and back.
5. Bought a couple of retro sheets on email ? bunting
6. Learnt how to do Links!! hope I can remember tomorrow .
thank my lovely sons for the flowers
PHEW!!!! see ya, must try some widgets tomorrow.